Domino's 101: Basic Facts
PIZZA, PRODUCT & MENU:
- 70% of the items on Domino's menu are new since 2008.
- There are more than 34 million ways to create a single Domino's pizza.
- Pepperoni is the most popular U.S. pizza topping, followed by mushrooms, sausage, ham and green peppers.
- Breadsticks were the first national nonpizza menu item offered at Domino's, in 1992.
- Domino's World's Fastest Pizza Maker Dennis Tran can make three large pizzas in just 34.36 seconds.
STORE & FRANCHISE OWNER FACTS:
- Domino's is 97% franchise-owned.
- Domino's has nearly 800 independent franchise owners in the U.S.
- More than 90% started their careers as drivers, pizza makers or hourly workers
- Domino's delivery experts cover 10 million miles each week in the U.S. alone.
INTERNATIONAL & GLOBAL FACTS:
- Domino's delivers more than 1 million pizzas a day worldwide.
- Domino's operates 14,400 stores in more than 85 countries around the world (Q3 2017).
- Domino’s has more than 260,000 employees worldwide.
- More than half of Domino's sales now come from outside the U.S.
- 2016 global retail sales: $10.9 billion ($5.3 domestic, $5.5 international).
- Domino's International has experienced 95 consecutive quarters (26 consecutive years) of positive same store sales growth (Q3 2017).
- Domino's largest markets are the following (by number of stores as of Q3 2017):
- U.S. – 5,491
- India – 1,123
- U.K. – 1,002
- Mexico – 679
- Australia – 658
- Japan – 497
- Turkey – 491
- Canada – 452
- South Korea – 442
- France – 354
- Netherlands – 230
BUSIEST DAYS FOR DOMINO'S:
- New Year’s Eve is the busiest delivery day of the year for Domino’s.
- New Year’s Eve is followed by New Year’s Day, Super Bowl Sunday, Thanksgiving Eve and Halloween.
- Domino’s sells more than 11 million pizza slices on Super Bowl Sunday – about 4.5 times more than on a typical Sunday.
TECHNOLOGY & ONLINE:
- Domino's is consistently one of the top 10 companies in terms of online transactions, amongst companies such as Amazon and Apple.
- 95% of smartphones are covered with the ordering app (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 8).
- Domino’s reached 60% of sales via digital ordering channels in the U.S. at the end of 2016.