Domino's 101: Basic Facts
PIZZA, PRODUCT & MENU:
- 70% of the items on Domino's menu are new since 2008.
- There are more than 34 million ways to create a single Domino's pizza.
- Pepperoni is the most popular U.S. pizza topping, followed by mushrooms, sausage, ham and green peppers.
- Breadsticks were the first national nonpizza menu item offered at Domino's, in 1992.
- Domino's World's Fastest Pizza Maker Dennis Tran can make three large pizzas in just 34.36 seconds.
STORE & FRANCHISE OWNER FACTS:
- Domino's is 97% franchise-owned.
- Domino's has nearly 800 independent franchise owners in the U.S.
- More than 90% started their careers as drivers, pizza makers or hourly workers
- Domino's delivery experts cover 10 million miles each week in the U.S. alone.
INTERNATIONAL & GLOBAL FACTS:
- Domino's delivers more than 1 million pizzas a day worldwide.
- Domino's operates 13,200 stores in more than 80 countries around the world (Q3 2016).
- Domino’s has more than 260,000 employees worldwide.
- More than half of Domino's sales now come from outside the U.S.
- 2015 global retail sales: $9.9 billion ($4.8 domestic, $5.1 international).
- Domino's International has experienced 91 consecutive quarters (22 consecutive years) of positive same store sales growth (Q3 2016).
- Domino's largest markets are the following (by number of stores as of Q3 2016):
- U.S. – 5,273
- India – 1,063
- U.K. – 915
- Mexico – 631
- Australia – 608
- Turkey – 466
- Japan – 460
- South Korea – 426
- Canada – 422
- France – 311
- Saudi Arabia – 201
BUSIEST DAYS FOR DOMINO'S:
- Halloween is the busiest delivery day of the year for Domino’s.
- Halloween is followed by New Year’s Eve, Super Bowl Sunday, New Year’s Day and Thanksgiving Eve.
- Domino's sells more than 11 million pizza slices on Super Bowl Sunday, nearly 350% more than a typical Sunday.
TECHNOLOGY & ONLINE:
- Domino's is consistently one of the top five companies in terms of online transactions, amongst companies such as Amazon and Apple.
- 95% of smartphones are covered with the ordering app (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 8)
- About 50% of Domino's sales in the U.S. come through our digital ordering channels
- 39 Domino's international markets feature online ordering