Domino's 101: Basic Facts
PIZZA, PRODUCT & MENU:
- The majority of items on Domino’s menu are new since 2008.
- Pepperoni is the most popular Domino's pizza topping in the U.S., followed by sausage, bacon, mushrooms and pineapple.
- Breadsticks were the first national nonpizza menu item offered at Domino's, in 1992.
- Domino's World's Fastest Pizza Maker Werner Lomker can make three large pizzas in just 57 seconds.
STORE & FRANCHISE OWNER FACTS:
- Domino's is 93% franchise-owned in the U.S.
- Domino's has nearly 800 independent franchise owners in the U.S.
- More than 90% started their careers as drivers, pizza makers or hourly workers.
INTERNATIONAL & GLOBAL FACTS:
- Domino’s stores across the globe sell an average of 3 million pizzas a day.
- Domino's operates 16,300 stores in more than 85 countries around the world (Q2 2019).
- Domino’s estimates that it has more than 400,000 franchised and corporate team members worldwide.
- More than half of Domino's sales now come from outside the U.S.
- 2018 global retail sales: $13.5 billion ($6.6 domestic, $6.9 international).
- Domino's International has experienced 102 consecutive quarters of positive same-store sales growth (Q2 2019).
- Domino's largest markets are the following (by number of stores as of Q2 2019):
- U.S. – 5,945
- India – 1,236
- U.K./Ireland – 1,156
- Australia/N.Z. – 824
- Mexico – 766
- Japan – 582
- Turkey – 537
- Canada – 507
- South Korea – 454
- France – 392
- Netherlands – 277
BUSIEST DAYS FOR DOMINO'S:
- New Year’s Eve is the busiest delivery day of the year for Domino’s.
- New Year’s Eve is followed by Super Bowl Sunday, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Eve and Halloween.
- Domino’s typically sells nearly 2 million pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday – about 40 percent more than on a normal Sunday.
TECHNOLOGY & ONLINE:
- Domino’s AnyWare is a suite of ordering technology that gives customers 15 digital ways to order – allowing them to order from anywhere, at any time, using whatever device they’d like.
- In the U.S., Domino's generates more than 65% of sales via digital ordering channels.
- More than 75% of Domino's international markets feature online ordering.