Domino's 101: Basic Facts
PIZZA, PRODUCT & MENU:
- More than 70% of the items on Domino's menu are new since 2008.
- There are more than 34 million ways to create a single Domino's pizza.
- Pepperoni is the most popular Domino's pizza topping in the U.S., followed by sausage, bacon, mushrooms and pineapple.
- Breadsticks were the first national nonpizza menu item offered at Domino's, in 1992.
- Domino's World's Fastest Pizza Maker Werner Lomker can make three large pizzas in just 57 seconds.
STORE & FRANCHISE OWNER FACTS:
- Domino's is 93% franchise-owned in the U.S.
- Domino's has nearly 800 independent franchise owners in the U.S.
- More than 90% started their careers as drivers, pizza makers or hourly workers.
- Domino's delivery experts cover 12 million miles each week in the U.S. alone.
INTERNATIONAL & GLOBAL FACTS:
- Domino's delivers more than 2 million pizzas a day worldwide.
- Domino's operates 15,300 stores in more than 85 countries around the world (Q3 2018).
- Domino’s estimates that it has more than 400,000 employees worldwide.
- More than half of Domino's sales now come from outside the U.S.
- 2017 global retail sales: $12.2 billion ($5.9 domestic, $6.3 international).
- Domino's International has experienced 99 consecutive quarters of positive same store sales growth (Q3 2018).
- Domino's largest markets are the following (by number of stores as of Q3 2018):
- U.S. – 5,751
- India – 1,146
- U.K./Ireland – 1,126
- Australia/N.Z. – 816
- Mexico – 720
- Japan – 529
- Turkey – 523
- Canada – 483
- South Korea – 443
- France – 383
- Netherlands – 257
BUSIEST DAYS FOR DOMINO'S:
- New Year’s Eve is the busiest delivery day of the year for Domino’s.
- New Year’s Eve is followed by Super Bowl Sunday, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Eve and Halloween.
- Domino’s typically sells nearly 2 million pizzas and 4 million chicken wings on Super Bowl Sunday – about 40 percent more pizza than on a normal Sunday.
TECHNOLOGY & ONLINE:
- Domino's mobile applications cover 95% of smartphones and tablets on the U.S. market.
- In the U.S., Domino's generates more than 60% of sales via digital ordering channels.
- More than 75% of Domino's international markets feature online ordering.