Commitment to Our Core Values
Domino’s is a purpose-inspired and performance-driven company with exceptional people committed to feeding the power of possible, one pizza at a time. At the heart of our brand is a commitment to a set of values that define our core beliefs on how we run our business, treat our people, support our franchisees and serve our customers.
- Do the Right Thing: We act with integrity and make disciplined decisions, even when it’s difficult or unpopular. High ethical standards and uncommon honesty are at the heart of how we work together. We are committed to safely and responsibly serving our customers, and to giving back to the communities where we live and work.
- Put People First: We create an inclusive culture, knowing our people are core to our success. We treat each other with dignity and respect, and we value the differences each team member brings. We strive to be a company where all team members can bring their full selves to work and know that they can belong, contribute and reach their potential.
- Create Inspired Solutions: We are a company built on entrepreneurship and innovation. We get better every day by having the humility and the courage to embrace and lead change. Together, we unlock our collective potential to be bold and think big. We have a bias for action to solve customer needs in new and relevant ways.
- Champion our Customers: We deliver on our promises, treating each order and interaction as an opportunity to deepen relationships by delivering great products, services and experience. We hold ourselves accountable, and if we don’t deliver on a promise, we are committed to making it right.
- Grow and Win Together: We are not playing a finite game. We are committed to building an enduring brand that outlives any of our individual contributions. We will grow together, deliver exceptional results together, celebrate wins together, have fun together, and leave the Domino’s brand in a better place for those that come after.
Exceptional people are the core of our business. We strive to be a company where all team members can belong, contribute and reach their potential. Domino’s team members are filled with a passion for innovation and learning, a commitment to our core values and the joy of pizza worldwide.
Inclusion & Diversity Mission
The power of possible starts with our people. Fostering inclusion and diversity is simply the right thing to do. We believe creating a sense of belonging for everyone promotes a thriving culture of innovation where anything is possible. That’s why we are committed to building a culture that welcomes, seeks to understand and values everyone’s whole self. We are made better together.
Domino’s began humbly and our history of starting small and dreaming big remains at the core of our brand. Opportunity for everyone is important. That is why Domino’s provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, uniformed service, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law such as height, weight, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression.
Domino’s team members are empowered to drive their own success through different resources, training, performance achievement processes and several development programs.
- Domino’s G.O.L.D. (Global Operations Leadership Development) Program provides operations, business and leadership training by learning the Domino’s business model from the ground up. This prepares future leaders for roles such as franchise business consultant, or in corporate operational and other leadership roles.
- Supply Chain Services Driver Development Program offers Domino’s team members the opportunity to move from hourly supply chain or store positions into high-paying truck-driving jobs. Domino’s covers the cost of driving school and the license, and then pairs new drivers with trainers.
- Tech Rotation Program provides select new hires with a chance to experience different areas of technology through four, six-month rotations. This helps broaden perspective and build technologists, as well as future technology leaders.
- Tuition Reimbursement (or Education Assistance Plan) provides eligible team members with financial assistance as they pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Opportunity in Franchising
The opportunity and potential at Domino’s is best represented in a key statistic: more than 95 % of our franchisees started as delivery experts or in other in-store positions. With the vast majority of Domino’s U.S. franchisees developed from within our own system, the opportunity to become a small business owner is a profound and unique aspect of Domino’s culture and strength as a brand. Experienced store managers and other operators can apply for Franchise Management School (FMS). At FMS, these operators receive training for a successful transition from store management to store ownership.
Domino’s has also announced the formation of the Black Franchisee Opportunity Fund (BFOF), created to support current and future Black team members on their journey to entrepreneurship. The BFOF aims to reduce a significant potential obstacle to franchising – the initial capital. Recipients will be provided a $50,000 grant to use toward the purchase or build of their first store. The BFOF will also cover expenses associated with attending FMS. In addition, recipients will receive opportunities for both financial and franchise mentorships throughout the franchising process.
Stories about Domino’s franchisees who started as part-time team members and went on to become franchisees, as well as other inspiring stories of Domino’s team members from around the world, can be found at stories. dominos.com.
Domino’s offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible team members, including several benefits to promote an inclusive workplace like paid parental leave programs, adoption reimbursement, discounted childcare tuition, and medical plans covering domestic partners and gender affirming surgery. We also offer eligible team members a 401(k) plan, education assistance, access to financial education, a back-up childcare network and access to legal assistance.
Beyond basic insurance programs, Domino’s offers other wellness services to help team members manage and optimize their health. These no-cost programs include smoking cessation, diabetes and hypertension management, at-home physical therapy, and emotional support through Domino’s team member assistance program for all part-time and full-time team members and their dependents. Additionally, we provide up to 40 hours per year of sick time for all part-time and full-time team members, and access to an outside wellness platform featuring 4,000+ videos on topics like mindfulness, exercise, nutrition, sleep, and financial well-being.
Note: Information related to Domino’s as an employer refers to Domino’s Pizza LLC and employees in our company-owned restaurants and supply chain centers, as well as our office and field support teams.